Saturday, October 30, 2010

                To step outside of my comfort zone I attended and participated in a discussion at the student center about alcohol. The way that this is stepping outside of my comfort is because I am terrified of participating in a huge group of people for some reason. All my life I have just not been able to do this, just the idea of any type of public speaking makes me very nervous. At this discussion however I put all my fears aside and was able to actively participate in this discussion.  The main person in charge was a guy from Columbia University in New York. He spoke of all the stages of being intoxicated and asked questions that we had to answer. Even though I am petrified of public speaking I was able to answer the questions that he had and even was able to hold a conversation and ask my own questions to him. I say that even though it does not sound like anything huge I definitely stepped outside of my comfort zone.  

No comments:

Post a Comment