Monday, September 6, 2010

Procrastination...The Cure

            Oh how I love the days that I just can not seem to concentrate on my work. It is as if everything in the world is more interesting than the work that I am supposed to be doing. Also I had the problem that the only time I could get myself to buckle down and actually do the work was when it was do the very next day or the next class period even. Sometimes sadly, my procrastination would not allow me to finish my work surprisingly enough as that is. However it is not the times that I did not finish my work that created my whole procrastination problem. It was the times that I got Away with it at the spur of the moment. This made me more comfortable with my procrastination thinking that it was an okay thing to do. I used to finish my work at the last minute, get a barely passing grade and be completely happy. Till one day I revelation, one cold February evening i had absolutely nothing to do so I decided to actually do the work that needed to be done on time. The next day  I realized what I have just done. I could not even believe myself this was the first time in my high school career that I had done this. I handed in the work and received  a passing grade, not just my regular bottom of the line passing grade but an A-. I was very impressed with myself so that night I tried to do the same thing. This time I was not as lucky I was back to square one. I could not just get myself to do the work again, why? you may ask I do not have the answer. I went through many trial and error experiments to try to get me back on track but nothing was working. Until one day I said I would let my mind wander, I did that. After i was able to let my mind wander just for laughs I returned to my work. I almost fell out of my chair when I realized "WOW I am actually concentrating!". I finally did it, I found the cure. Once you feel yourself growing weary of your work it is perfectly normal to let your brain take a little break from its labors. So if you have the same problem I had, go ahead take a little break and let your mind wander.

No comments:

Post a Comment